Funding Agreements with Provinces and Territories
The Government of Canada provides funding to provinces and territories for skills and employment programs that help Canadians get training, develop their skills and get experience, leading to good jobs and better opportunities.
Labour Market Agreements
Programs offered through labour market agreements provide support to:
- unemployed persons who are not eligible for Employment Insurance; and
- employed persons who do not have a high school diploma or a recognized certification or who have low levels of literacy and essential skills.
Programs offered through agreements for persons with disabilities provide support including:
- job coaching and mentoring;
- pre-employment training and skills upgrading;
- post-secondary education;
- assistive aids and devices; and
- a variety of workplace supports.
Labour Market Development Agreements
Programs offered through labour market development agreements provide support to unemployed persons, particularly those who are eligible for Employment Insurance benefits.
- Date modified: