Support for Not-For-Profit Organizations
Support for Not-For-Profit Organizations Introduction
Through over 161,000 charitable and not-for-profit organizations, the not-for-profit sector provides services to children, families, seniors, individuals and communities across Canada, including health, education, recreation, housing and economic development.
The Government of Canada recognizes the importance of the sector as a key partner in building a stronger Canada, and supports the sector through:
- partnering with the not-for-profit sector;
- streamlining funding practices and accountability; and
- developing knowledge on the not-for-profit sector.
Funding for Organizations
Through the Social Development Partnerships Program (SDPP) not-for-profit organizations may be eligible to receive funding for projects concerned with advancing social development and inclusion of people with disabilities, children and their families, and other vulnerable or excluded populations.
Research and Statistics
- Cornerstones of Community: Highlights of the National Survey of Non-profit and Voluntary Sector Organizations (Statistics Canada)
- Caring Canadians, Involved Canadians: Highlights from the 2007 Canada Survey of Giving, Volunteering and Participating (Statistics Canada)
- Non-profit Library Commons (Imagine Canada)
- Giving and Volunteering (Imagine Canada)
- Date modified: